You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I do not have that camera but I went to dpReview and downloaded one of the raw photos from their gallery for that camera and it processed properly in the Develop Persona. The histogram looked a bit off from the photo, but the editing controls seemed to work properly. I was able to edit in in the Develop Persona and then send it to the Photo Persona where I could continue to edit it.

Can you not open the photo with APB? Or is the issue something different?

Thanks for the reply Mike. I have just bought the Nikon d7500 yesterday and I can edited nef (raw) files in affinity. Now the problem is that I use Apple Photo which doesn't support the Nikon 7500 raw files so I am unable to open RAW image and transfer the RAW image to affinity with Photos.  I have  to transfer the image from Photos  to Pictures  in Finder which opens both the jpeg and raw image and then I can open  the image in affinity. Hope that makes sense to you. I have spoken to Apple Care and Nikon about adding Nikon 7500 to Photos but  they each say the other company is responsible  for adding the software. Hopefully  they work it out soon. 

What  file management system do you use?

Verlie

Why not open directly in AP to develop the RAW file then export to the Pictures folder?  It's an Apple issue - Nikon (or any other camera maker) can't edit the Photos software.

In answer to your question on file management, I use Capture One Pro to develop, edit, tag, and file my images.  I changed form Aperture a long time ago and it was easy and reliable provide that I did not try to import the whole library at once, but broke it into smaller tasks.  According to their literature you should be able to do the same with Adobe Lightroom.  That option did not work too well for me but there are free trial versions of Capture One and Lightroom, so nothing to lose by trying.   Just remember to back up first!

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.