You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a Silhouette Cameo that will import .svg files.  However, when I export a job that has four layers for some reason it will not pick up all the layers.  I have started a new thread asking for help on this.  Will see.  Like you I bought this program thinking it would work with Cameo and allow me to create in AD and use Sil or post on my website.  If I design in Sil it will not allow me to export it in svg.  I hope they fix that with Design studio 4 is release to work with new feature of Cameo machine version 3.

• 1 month later...

I'm testing the beta for my workflow - I'm an Illustrator/CutStudio/RolandGX-500 cutter user, and it's very impressive. Challenges I've come across so far are the amount of points generated when an line/object is outlined, and CutStudio which currently doesn't accept Designer eps/svg files.

First issue, my cutter has a point limit - in Illustrator you can use the Simplify tool (I find it inaccurate and fiddly) to take points away - if you can do this in preferences or setup I've not found it. I haven't found a workaround for this in the Designer beta yet, so apologies if it exists (I suspect not, as I've only ever come across the need to do this when working with a cutter), plus, more modern cutters may not have this issue (any expert advice out there?)

Secondly, I've approached Roland as a customer asking them to modify/create cutting software that will work with Designer files, and I encourage anyone considering using Designer in this way to do the same with their suppliers - there has to be a better way and if the price is right, Designer is looking like a very fine replacement for Illustrator indeed.

Well done Affinity! Nearly there...

• 9 months later...

Hi to all 

Like so many of you out there ...Love Affinity Designer,BUT my Roland CutStudio software does not like the EPS file it creates. There is no fix as far I can see browsed the net and spoke with another AD user and NOPE no real fix as yet...

Well I have found a workaround ...If you have a copy of the Vectric Vcarve Pro software this could work for you ( it seems to work for me)  

The workflow is.

Design the object in Affinity Designer and save it as a SVG file ..Import this SVG file into the Vectric VCarve Pro software.  Then export it as an AI file and now you have a file that will work in CutStudio.......

Cheers from Australia

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

I know this thread was created some time back? Just wondering if there has been any developments as to whether affinity is now more adaptable with vinyl cutters? I'm a newbie to the affinity world and vinyl world so the cutters I've been looking at are the GCC expert and also the GCC AR? Any ideas or advice? I use a MacBook pro?

Thanks in advance for any advice please?

inbound5863167630864447005.jpg

inbound1021695192168027590.jpg

• 2 months later...