You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke Align Inside Border

Hello,

If I create a red solid filled circle with a white stroke (for example 4.5 points), stroke aligned to inside, I see a thin border of red on the outside of the white stroke, even on export slice.  Is there a way to prevent this?  

I have attached an example project.  It's extremely easy to reproduce.  

Thanks

stroke_align_inside.afdesign

Well, I guess I'll try a work-arround:  I'll a make bigger white circle and put a coloured circle inside instead of using the stroke feature.  Note this (bug?) also occurs with rectangles etc.  For some reason the fill colour bleeds beyond the stroke when set to "aligned inside".

• Staff

Hello jaunt,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

That's not a bug. It's a consequence of antialiasing picking some color from the object below. It will also happen when the boundaries of  two or more shapes overlap or when you cut an object in two (it will leave a "seam" that picks the color from the objects below). This will be looked at again and improved a little. It's not as easy to solve as it may look.

Thanks for the explanation.  

I'm a software engineer so can appreciate the intricacies of fixing something like that, as well as the beauty of the software -- it's my favourite acquisition since Parallels.  PS, I'm curious, do you have issue trackers for bugs, features as well as "consequences"? ;-)

Anyway, I can imagine that it's not simply a case of placing the stroke around the object as opposed to on top of it, since I suppose people might want transparent strokes to let the background through, plus I guess you could get leakage between the stroke and the object.  No idea how you'd fix it.

Turns out the work-around I'm using works perfectly for my needs so I'm back to productivity.

Thanks again.