You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rarities and problems of the RAW development module

Hi, I'm trying out Affinity Photo and I have several doubts, I do not know if it's a program problem or if I do something wrong. First, how come it takes so long to open a raw file ??? Is incredibly slow, to what is this ?? It takes about 20 seconds and in photoshop 1 sec, I have a team of 88 Threads processing 64 gigs of ram and one nvidia titan, on my other computer a 5960X happens to me the same, both with SSD disks.

Another one of the doubts and it is referring to the RAW developer, I have worked with Lightroom, Camera Raw and Capture One .... the developer seems a bit horrible to me in Affinity Photo, it is an authentic pity, it is not clear, there are things that I do not understand why they are, tools to control the development better, such as saturation and luminance, without having to make an adjustment layer, as it is done in other developers, why I can only go two exposure steps when in any other developer I can go a lot beyond?? And even worse, if I reveal that image without applying changes, I only reveal, and apply an exposure adjustment allows me more steps of exposure that within the module of development, I do not understand. What kind of translation is Black Point? I do not know what you mean, because you separate shadows and highlights and you do not use all the revelators as a logical order when it comes to revealing? I think it's a pretty black dot of the developing module, and the exposure I do not understand. It's a shame because the editing software is great but the module and several other things need a change I think is urgent. I add pictures.

post-42653-0-35743500-1498677819_thumb.jpg

post-42653-0-39662000-1498677820_thumb.jpg

post-42653-0-26872400-1498677821_thumb.jpg

post-42653-0-11293000-1498677823_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Txamo,

We have had other users report slow RAW file opening times with the Fujifilm X-T range and we are looking into why this is happening

The Saturation adjustment can be found under Enhance, tick the box next to the name to display these tools, while the Luminance can be found under the Details tab as shown in the attached screenshots

The Blackpoint option in the Exposure adjustment determines the range of pixels in the image considered to be pure black. Drag the slider to the right to include pixels in the range (thereby increasing shadows), drag to the left to exclude pixels (thereby reducing shadows).

post-25202-0-65437700-1498749499_thumb.png

post-25202-0-84051800-1498749531_thumb.png

Hello DWright, the opening of files seems to me exaggerated, I do not know why it will be.

As for what you tell me about saturation and luminance, I did not mean that. You talk to me of general saturation, I speak of the saturation by color, individual (attached image so that you understand me) where I can work individually hue saturation and luminance, your luminance that you indicate is the elimination of noise ... You have confused a little. It is a bit strange how they understand in Affinity Photo the Raw development when in all the development programs the same base is used, frankly the developer of Affinity needs from my point of view a serious change, I do not think so complicated to lay the bases like the others Developers, the capture I add is Camera Raw, but others work like that, having absolute control, how would you reveal your having to work alone on the blue or cyan tones of the sky its saturation and luminance ?? And the other question, because I only have two steps of exposure inside the developer and if I add a layer of exposure in settings leaves me 5 steps ?? I do not understand, something is not right.

post-42653-0-02782100-1498852809_thumb.jpg