You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PHOTO | Seamless Edge 360 Photo Rotation

So I sometimes take 360 photos and look at them in equirectangular format and realize that they're not level. Fixing this, as far as I can tell, is near impossible, since once you start to rotate a 360 photo (not in live equirectangular projection), the edges of the image simply rotate off the canvas, completely oblivious to the need for them to "wrap around" to the other side, whether they need to wrap up, down, side to side at an angle, or whatever, for the 360 photo to maintain it's seamless spherical form when projected.

I would imagine a feature like this would also make adjusting the "starting viewing point" of a 360 photo insanely easy.

The Affine filter (under Filter > Distort > Affine) may be what you are looking for. It works similar to Photoshop's Offset filter, but you can do rotation and scale as well.

Since the rotation dial is fairly rough in its increments and also snaps to zero, it is impossible to select small numbers by dragging on it. You may want to mouse over that rotation widget and use the scroll wheel or trackpad for more precise control. You can also double click the rotation wheel to type in numbers.

The caveat is that it will only accept whole degrees, not floating point numbers, which is not precise enough for larger images. It would definitely be nice to see this improved.