You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MAS is the only place to get legit Mac Affinity, right?

Purchased Affinity Photo on MAS, at a very attractive price, I might add. Installed same and am learning to use it on my new rMBP. It opens fine in version 1.5.1. Have downloaded a ton of tutorial videos. Thanks a LOT for those! Really. It's almost unheard of in this day and age to even consider that there could be such a treasure trove of helpful video tutorials so readily available to both users and prospective or inquisitive ones.

The problem, if it even IS one, and one that I suspect would vex anyone at Affinity/Serif, is that the visible Affinity details in the Purchased section of my signed-on Mac App Store account page reads “Download” and not “Open”. Now, a reason for this could be that at the time of purchase (at that very attractive price) I was currently running with Mavericks (OS X 10.9) in a mid-2010 MBP, and with Affinity requirements being at least Yosemite (or was it El Capitan? can't remember), I didn't attempt to install it. But once paid for, any app can be re-downloaded/installed, correct?

Well, even though it hasn't been a long period of time since AF has lived in my Applications folder I can't for the life of me be absolutely certain that it got installed on my rMBP via the Mac App Store, and I sure as heck don't want to risk any unforeseen event as the result of re-re-installing it from MAS merely for the sake of it.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Had a similar experience? I'm all ears.

Well, the mystery of its arrival/installation persists but is fading fast in the rearview. Despite the fact that I can't recall precisely how Affinity Photo 1.5.1 wound up on my MBPr, it's definitely not a trial version. Thanks for the reply, though. Will continue to try and get both accustomed and familiar with it.