You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Variables in Export Persona

jospo

Hello, I have one small feature request :-)

It would be great to treat user variables in Export Persona - Slices as "globals".

To explain further, here is my workflow:

I am creating multiple banners with different sizes for multiple products (there are a lot of banner sizes I need to create). For each banner size I create new Artboard. Then I define export file name for each slice based on variables: [slice Name][Width]x[Height]. This works great, but I would like to somehow insert the product name into the file name. 

This can be done in two ways:

1) Renaming all Artboards and insert the product name there. When I work on other product I need to again rename all Artboards

2) Creating user variable with product name and use it when defining file name: [slice Name][Width]x[Height][Product Name]

For the second option however I need to create user variable for each slice so it's a lot of work. Now if the [Product Name] would be global variable, I can just change it once and use it in all slices.

I hope the description is not so confusing :-)

Thanks!

Petr