You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I add Text to a 360 degree photo?

Hello i'm new to the forum and i want to know if i can add text to a 360 photo i still don't have the affinity photo App but I want to buy it; i'm gonna mostly use it for 360 photos and adding text to them, i saw how to add a logo, but i don't know if it is the same thing with the text, and if it's gonna look with the 360 shape or just flat?

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi vicogutierrez,

Welcome to the forum.

Affinity photo will open an equirectangular image, which displays flat. It has a feature that takes this type of image and can do a live 360 projection, this allows you to pan around your image and adjust. Once you have finished making your adjustments you then exit the projection so the image converts back into its original equirectangular mapping (displays flat), so you can export it.

Some image hosting sites and other programs will have support for these type of images so they can be viewed in the same way, allowing you to pan around the image.