You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color blind mode/tool

Hello!

I'm about as colorblind as they come but I can't help but enjoy playing within designer and photo. I've gotten pretty good at using the apps but wanted to ask affinity for some help!

Has there ever been a thought to have a add on tool that helps colorblind people choose colors more appropriately when designing. If you hover over the color it gives you the breakdown but if it could say the closest color it resembles like purple or blue.

Just a thought and would love to assist if needed to test!!

I'm not sure if this solution is exactly what you are looking for, but you can use LUTs based on the HALD identity image to simulate various color blind modes, similar to the soft proofing in PS.  You need to grab the HALD identity image and the modified HALDs that simulate various color blind modes - they can be found here:

http://www.daltonize.org/search/label/ColorLookupTable

then use AP's LUT adjustment layer and use the "infer LUT" mode - it will ask you to load two images.  The first image should be the identity image (the reference image) and the second image should be the modified HALD that simulates the color blind mode.  This LUT will display your image similar to the soft-proof mode in PS.  You can use the color picker and the info panel in AP to see how the colors remap - if you apply the LUT to a standard color wheel, where you know the color you are looking for, maybe you can use the LUTs to remap the reference colors and figure out how to find the appropriate new color that works.  There is also this set of LUTs:

https://github.com/nelas/color-blind-luts

which purport to use transforms for color blind friendly colors for presentations, etc.  This may also help guide your color choices.

Good luck,

kirk