You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG REPORT: Corner tool handles inconsistent behavior

While doing the tutorial on Ketchup for Blood. I followed it to the letter, even retracing each step of the trainer. I could not select the right corner handle and get the red resizing ring to extend.

After discussions with members, they suggested selecting Smart Mode in the Pen tool was the reason. 

The handles do not look like the corner tutorial or the Ketchup for Blood tutorial. Instead of blue square handles they are too small to grab and and they won't pull out with the red ring.

When I recreated the design from scratch, the corner tool behaved perfectly, and that was using Smart Mode. So that is a mystery to me. Maybe it is something I did, so I am willing to send the project file for examination, but it does seem this corner tool is not consistent. Please let me know.

I have attached this link that shows the handles are round instead of square HERE

Let me know if you need more file(s) and/or info as it is all saved.

Michael 

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

• Staff

Hi Michael,

The handles on the screenshot you have posted are smooth nodes. Their curvature is controlled by the node's handles (using the Node Tool).

The Corner Tool can only be applied to sharp nodes, that is, those identified with a rectangle rather than a circle. If you select the Corner Tool you will notice that the smooth nodes on a shape (identified by a circle) will appear as very small, non-selectable circles meaning they can't be rounded with the Corner Tool.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Hi MEB,

I created the project from scratch. Rather than a bug, it may be a case of PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.