You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Multi] GUI color of Affinity Photo and Designer

octal

Hello,

is it possible to let user change the global colors of the GUI in Affinity Photo and Designer (I'm under Windows)?

Black (and very dark) colors are not always the best choice, and I personally hate those colors even when it has been introduced in Photoshop.

I really would like to have to possibility to have a Dark and a Light GUI themes (using OS native theme for example).

My eyes are getting too tired when using black colors.

Regards

Hi octal,

As i know you can't change the color of ui however you can change gamma rate slightly. For that use:

Edit > Preferences > User Interface > (UI Gamma bar)

Win 10 Home - 64 Bit on Asus X55A (original specs except SSD)

Hi Onur,

I know that we can change the gamma, but this is not enought. I don't want to make the gui a bit lighter, I need a light gui, i.e. toolbars with very light gray (or cream) background, something like old versions of Photoshop (and all graphics tools). Check out IntelliJDA development environment for Java, they provide whole Dark and Light themes (check attached images).

When working with very bright (white) compositions, I find it very difficult and eye killing to find buttons, panels and all variations on buttons (enabled, disables, not available, ...). I understand that a lot of people like dark thingy, but for me, it's not a matter of choice or personal proference, when working with very white compositions, I prefer to not have too much differences of contrast between my composition and the GUI. When working on dark ones, I prfer to switch to very gray GUI (gamma at max).

post-43497-0-58481600-1480431801_thumb.png

post-43497-0-89873800-1480431810_thumb.jpg