You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live Projection - editing is very cumbersome

When trying to edit an equirectangular image, every time I make a change, the new content is applied to a new layer which doesn't 'stick' to the projection layer.  For example, if I paste a sticker onto someone's face and then resume rotating the spherical image, the sticker remains in the center of the screen while the scene moves behind it.  

Why doesn't the new layer remain attached to the scene layer?  If I have a crowd of faces to put stickers on, it seems to make sense that I'd apply one, scroll a bit, apply the next, scroll a bit, etc.  Then I could apply effects or mask areas or perform other functions en masse, but currently I have to merge the layers after each edit, greatly reducing the usefulness of the equirectangular editing feature.

And while I'm on the subject, from a usability standpoint, It'd make a lot more sense for the middle mouse button to pan the scene around instead of moving the fixed-size viewhole rectangle around the screen.  Having to switch back and forth between editing the scene and moving the viewpoint seems awkward.  I mean, I'm already in 'Live Projection' mode, moving the viewhole around in two dimensions seems pointless.  

In fact, since I'm essentially viewing the inside of a sphere and sliding this flat representation around is exactly what I am not doing with live projection, it seems a step backwards.  When in live projection mode I think the ability to slide the viewhole around should be removed entirely.  You're either in LP mode and panning the scene in its sphere, or you resume regular editing and slide things around the flat surface.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.