You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copying text

Text created on a lone file or on a picture with a body colour and outline, if copied and pasted to either the same or a different picture does not transfer the outline.  Cannot move text layer from one image to another directly.

Hi dickon

When you say outline are you referring to the outline effect in the layer effects? And when you copy the test are you copying the text and a object or are you highlighting individual characters?

If the above, layer effects are applied to the object as a whole rather than on a character level, there's a slight hierarchy to the structure. If you highlight the left to copy it then you are copying the individual character rather than the encompassing object the effect is applied to. Therefore it is not present when the text is pasted. If you want to copy the text entirely and keep the effect, you can select the text with the move tool, so it is selected but you don't see the carat, and copy and paste that. Alternatively as well as a fill for the body of the text you can apply a stroke to it from the context toolbar also. This will get copied across when you highlight the characters in the text

Hope that makes some sense!

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I am adding captions to .jpg images by creating the text in a separate image file on a text layer with 20 point yellow text with a 5 point black outline.  As I am using the same caption on many images, I wish to do it by either moving the entire layer to the  image, and then merging down, or by copying the entire text from the text file, and then pasting it into the image files and merging down.  I have done this in PhotoPlus for some time.

Thank you Chris

I am putting captions on .jpg photographs to show on 4K televsion.  The same caption may be used on many photographs.  I make the caption on a separate file, using 20 point Casual font, with a yellow body colour and 5 point black outline. I wish to copy this entire text to the .jpg image by either dragging the text layer, or by copy/paste, and then merging the .jpg.  I then do the same for the next image.  I can do this in PhotoPlus.

Dickon 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.