You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I'm just starting out with AD, and can't find the answer to this... I'm creating designs in a vector iApp, then exporting to AD for tweaking.

I export from the iApp as .svg 4096 x 4096 (there isn't a direct way to alter the size), and I know I must export from AD as .png/transparent background/RGB/300dpi, but the question is what do I set my document as in AD?

I'm trying 6" x 6"/CMYK/300dpi - does that seem correct?

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Cap'n,

Welcome to the forums :)  This may sound daft, but the best person to ask is the one who you will be sending the designs to... Once they've told you the physical size and DPI then enter that into the Document Setup. I'd also query the fact that you were going to make it CMYK... Ask the printer what they would prefer to receive - certain printers will prefer RGB input, others will prefer CMYK. If they've said you need to provide a PNG then the chances are that they're expecting RGB data, so use an RGB document format or you'll miss out on a large part of the colour gamut that's just not available for CMYK documents.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt

Sorry - my mistake! Yes, I meant export as RGB. They haven't stated a physical size as such, just a maximum (32cm x 50cm for DTG). I picked 6" x 6" as it seemed a 'reasonable' size for a design. I have emailed them, but had no reply yet. I think I read to import to AD as CMYK then change to RGB for export - that sound right?

Cheers!