You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Line width Bug report

Hi guys, I made a video to describe the problem I was getting in affinity Beta, latest install on 23rd October.

Basically the line width was not working, and showing erroneous values, being jumpy. It happened a few times in the session, so I eventually made a video of it to post here: https://youtu.be/FD2GYKQW1yc I had to upload to youtube as the file was too big to upload here.

The video shows the unresponsiveness of it, and that by continually just fiddling eventually it comes right, but it's very likely a software problem as my hardware is top notch and new.

The audio in the video for some reasons turns up the bass way loud, but it should show the problem and you should still hear me (Yes i have an accent..one that hollywood in all its efforts just cannot replicate ;) )

• Staff

Hi Miksy,

From what I can tell in your video your 'line' is not technically a line. You have a filled rectangle with a stroke going around out, at around 42-43seconds in you click the 'Align stroke to Inner' button. This will position the stroke to inside the rectangle - see my attached screenshots showing the behaviour when zoomed in.

If you want to use the line caps you will need a non closed curve - use the Pen Tool and draw two nodes and you should be able to use the caps.

post-37-0-79606500-1477649703_thumb.png

post-37-0-13727600-1477649704_thumb.png

post-37-0-72009000-1477649704_thumb.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.