You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Everyone, I'm new here. 

I have a problem editing separate layers using "adjustments" icons in the layer panel. I have tried to switch on and off the "Edit All Layers" icon. Didn't help. To be more specific. I', trying to make a artwork resembling the Olympic flag using cassette tape reels. I've cut a part of an image from another document and pasted it into a new black document I'm currently having problems with. I've copied this cut out in to 5 separate layers and tried to re colour them into the colours resembling the Olympic logo. Anytime I do that the changes are applied to the whole image. Any idea why is that? 

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi pyrotek,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To limit the effect of an adjustment layer to a single layer you have to nest it to that layer. To do it drag the adjustment layer over the image layer's thumbnail in the Layers panel (you should see a small vertical blue line appear while you are hovering the thumbnail).