You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help . zooming in on help topic - removes the index pane (left)

I opened a help topic but the text was small so I zoomed in with ctrl-mouseWheel.  The index pane on the left disappeared.

After a while, I clicked the button with 3 horizontal lines and the index opened on top of the contents pane, hiding some of the contents text.  Clicking on the button again hid the index pane.

I guess I could get used to this but it is not like any other windows program help I've seen before.  I found it disorienting and confusing.  Perhaps the default topic upon opening Help should be about using Help.

The Table of Contents should disappear as soon as you select a topic. Doesn't that happen for you?

I think the idea is not to show the TOC at all unless you need it. That's good design, allowing all available space for reading the topic.

In Windows Help files there is a button to show/hide the TOC tab. It shown by default, so you (and many other including me) never hide it, but you can if you want to concentrate on reading the topic.

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.