You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Surface Pro 4.

I'm having trouble with selecting objects with the SP4 pen. 

A single tap with the pen doesn't select an object. It only registers a tap with the pen when tapping AND moving an object. When using a mouse it works fine.

Also I noticed when I have multiple artboards, the single Pen tap on an object selects the parent layer, in this case the Artboard Parent. Again, when using the mouse, I'm able to select objects directly.

I'm not sure if this is a Surface Pen issue or an issue with the beta.

Windows: As of 7.9.16 my machine is up to date.

Thanks for creating this windows beta

System:

• Surface Pro 2
  • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (Ver.1511 Build 10586.494 Fully updated as of 15 July 2016)
  • Affinity Designer for Windows Public Beta (Ver. 1.5.0.5)

I have only just started using the Affinity Beta so I may have missed a config item, but I seem to be having a similar problem with object selection on my Surface Pro 2 (original equipment Wacom pen, no separate mouse attached):

1. New document, Draw Persona, select Rectangle tool and drag object out with the Surface pen, select Move tool, deselect object by touching outside the rectangle.
  2. Now cannot select the rectangle by touching or with the pen, only with the trackpad cursor. If I drag a selection marquee with the pen or touch that encloses the object it is selected, just doesn't respond to a direct touch or pen tap on the object itself.
  3. Once it is selected, pen & touch manipulation of the object work as expected.
  4. Same thing happens with objects created in Pixel Persona (or while using Draw Persona to select objects on a previously created pixel layer).
  5. Touch gestures on the canvas such as drag and resize, and touch and pen-tap selection of tools, menus, etc. all seem to work as expected.

Again not sure if this is a Surface pen or Affinity issue, let me know if there is a diagnostic you would like me to try.

Thanks for the opportunity to try out the beta.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.