You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Display errors with Menus, Help and Snapping Menu

I am experiencing a few display errors (in 1.5.0.2 and still in 1.5.0.4):

On the View menu I can only see the top half of the 'Grid and Axis Manager' option below 'Snapping Manager...' Going down the menu with the arrow key there are a nine presses when the 'selection' is off screen, so I presume there are at least nine more options?
Also the last option visible on the Layer menu is 'Fill Mode' but from the down arrow key there is at least one more.

post-32606-0-95442200-1467463523_thumb.png

When searching Help, only the top half of the final line of text in the results shows. Extending the height of the pop-up window does not help.

post-32606-0-54739400-1467463524_thumb.png

When clicking the Snapping options drop down menu, the options in the bottom two grey rectangles do not display properly: there is no text, just what looks like cropped check boxes.

post-32606-0-33901800-1467463525_thumb.png

This is on a 1366x768px Windows 8 (not 8.1) laptop.

A couple of comments on the environment:

Everything seems so BIG on a 1366x768 screen. The minimum width of the docked panels takes up a quarter of the screen width, that seems too much. It is more than AI, Corel Draw or Draw Plus (but similar to Inkscape) on the same resolution screen. Also a small icons option would reduce the top area which is about a fifth of the screen - about double that of AI (and bigger than CD, DP and IS).

Finally, I agree with many others that a lighter environment would be good as an option - I generally prefer a neutral surround but it would be nice to have the choice of light, dark or inbetween.

Grumbles aside, thank you for all the hard work and effort you are putting in to this.

Hi IBMc

Thanks for the report. We are already aware of the issue with the view menu on smaller screen sizes. it looks like you are using 125% screen scaling which is causing the snapping options to not display properly and would also explain why everything seems quite large. I'll get this and the help issue logged

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris, thanks for that.

Yes you are right, I checked I am at 125% - although I had forgotten that there was an option. I'll have to stick at that for the sake of the rest my stuff but it is good to know why it was off.

Thanks again

Iain

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.