You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.png export on version 2.4 and 2.5 are dark and not matching prior version exports

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Can you show us your complete Export settings, and also your document's color format and bit depth? (E.g., RGBA/16 or RGBA/32 or RGBA/8)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2.3.1 Export Settings and color format and bit depth:

• RGB/32 (HDR)
  • 300 dpi 1920 x 1080

2.5.0 Export Settings and color format and bit depth.

• RGB/32 (HDR)
  • 300 dpi 1920 x 1080

Issue started in 2.4.0. I have attached the export settings of each as well as samples. Seems to only be happening on macOS. I did not experience the same issue on Windows 2.4.2.

2.3.1. Export to PNG Settings.png

2.5.0 Beta Export to PNG Settings.png

Preparation_Only This I Want_2.4.2 (Windows).png

Preparation_Only This I Want_2.5.0_Beta.png

Preparation_Only This I Want.png

RGB-32 HDR support for PNG is new in 2.4. See the What's New page at https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/whats-new/ which says: 

32-bit HDR PNG support addedAvailable on both desktop and iPad

Compatible with Affinity Designer
Compatible with Affinity Photo
Compatible with Affinity Publisher

Windows, macOS and iPad

All Affinity apps now support import and export of 32-bit HDR PNG files, as described in the PNG specification (3rd edition). Both PQ and HLG are supported alongside full / narrow range and a full set of primaries. Files exported can be used directly in video editing applications or shared on the web (Chrome now supports HDR PNG files). In addition, legacy PNG and TIFF files exported from Photoshop with CICP data embedded in an ICC profile are also able to be imported.

You will also find specific export settings in the Advanced section that you may need to adjust. 

The Help should provide more info: https://affinity.help/photo2/en-US.lproj/pages/ExportPersona/exportSettings.html

Or this tutorial about the new function: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1