You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 2.4.2: Can't see mask layer although it's working

Hi!

New user here, what am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? I'm in 2.4.2. First photo shows I've got a layer with some stuff and a mask. In the thumbnail the mask shows it's mostly white and has been painted on with black (horizontal line), and the main area shows that the mask is working as expected.

Second photo I have only the mask layer visible. I expected to see a black and white layer like in all the tutorials, but it's all transparent (my document has transparent background).

I discovered this while trying to debug why masking stopped working for me, but this question is simpler and maybe has the same root cause. I did see this which seems related:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFP-3014

and I did go to the color panel and switched it to cmyk as described there, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Thanks much!

Carolyn

maskq1.jpg

maskq2.jpg

maskq.afphoto

Edited by cspivak
correction