You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printer print with wrong align in custom paper size.

I tried to print a  document with a custom size: 153 x 227 mm. in a HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w.  This printer containt a paper tray with a parallel guides that align any custom paper size to the center of the tray. Previously I used other programs (Word, Inkscape, for example) and I didn't have any problems with this issue.

However, with Affinity v1 I couldn't resolve this issue ( wrong elements size, wrong aling, etc...). 

Now I updated Design to v2 and I tried to print it again, but I had the same problem.

I created a document in milimeters, with 153 x 227 mm size, 72 ppp. No margin, no bleed. When I print the document, select scale 100%, and in paper size I put the size of my document.

image.png.68f4cf50486d652abd6e3af30064f1b2.png

But the print seems to ignore the fact that the printer aligns the paper size to the center, and it seems that all the content is aligned to the far left.

I tried to solve this opening the paper guides and put the paper to far left, but this solution doesn't seem to be very exact and the paper tends to move.

Another parameter to review?, Is a bug? Some idea?

• Staff

Welcome to the forums @JavyJar8,

Prior to printing from Affinity using your custom dimensions, are you able to define your custom page dimensions in your Printer Driver? According to the Print Manual, you should be able to do this in the HP Printer Properties under the 'Paper/Quality' tab.

image.png

Once this has been set for your custom size, try restarting the app and printing again.