sbraffin

Raw Photo import and storage in Affinity

I was an Aperture user and now use Adobe Lightroom. Adobe Lr imported all the work I did in Aperture. Can I now import these raw files into Affinity? If yes, where are they stored? I could not find any information regarding file infrastructure in Affinity. Finally, is there a tutorial discussing photo file management in this apparently excellent photo application?

You can open RAW files in any supported RAW format in Affinity Photo but they will not be stored anywhere unless & until you save or export the opened file with the app. Like with any other new file save, you will be presented with the standard save dialog, which gives you a choice of where you want to save the file.

Important: Note that currently developing a RAW file in AP is a destructive process, meaning you cannot "undo" or "redevelop" the file later once it has been saved in the native .afphoto format. For this reason it is advisable to make a copy of the original RAW format file as a backup.

There are no photo management features in AP. There are plans to release a companion DAM (digital asset management) app later but we do not know when that will happen.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2