Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
macOS: Ventura 13.6.5
Hardware acceleration: On Metal
US - English
Publisher 2 2.4.0
Designer 2 2.4.0
Photo 2 2.4.0

Problem
App launch causes bouncing icons in dock and slow opening (hanging).

From the console log
error    09:46:04.962502-0400    taskgated-helper    com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner2: Unsatisfied entitlements: com.apple.security.application-groups
error    09:46:04.962532-0400    taskgated-helper    Disallowing: com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner2

1. What Application are you using? [Designer/Photo/Publisher]
    This problem affects all apps but I am reporting it when opening Designer 2 since the attached logs are from Designer 2.
  2. Are you using the latest release version?
    See above
  3. Can you reproduce it?
    Yes, but it is totally random and intermittent.
  4. Does it happen for a new document?
    Not related to documents or new documents.
  5. If you cannot provide a sample document then please give an accurate description of the problem for example it should include most of the following:

So today after booting the computer I opened Publisher 2 which caused the icons to bounce and app to hang. I then opened the console and started streaming messages. With the console logging, I opened Designer 2 which also caused the icons to bounce and app to hang.

The console log included error messages being caused by Designer 2 at the 09:46:04.962502-0400 and 09:46:04.962532-0400 timestamp as shown above. The console log also contains other messages related to Designer 2.

It would appear that these errors are causing the bouncing icon and slow opening (hanging).
For comparison, I again used the console to log Designer 2 being opened normally. The Console 2 All.txt file contains these messages.

Hope these logs can assist in resolving this problem since it is a major nuisance on some days.

The attached console zip file contains the console log output in text files.
Console All.txt is the complete output from the console when Designer 2 had a problem.
Console Error.txt is the error messages only from the console when Designer 2 had a problem.
Console Activities.txt is activities from the console when Designer 2 had a problem.
Console 2 All.txt is is the complete output from the console when Designer 2 opened normally.

Regards,

Maury

Console.zip

1 hour ago, MWK said:

Can you reproduce it?
Yes, but it is totally random and intermittent.

It seems that it happens every first launch of the app after an Xprotect update (Apple's tools for malware detection and remediation). So it's very predictable, if you know that XProtect has been updated, like it was yesterday or today… 

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

Affinity apps Launch like a DOG on the Mac!

I get Launch Times of 60 seconds on a 2017 iMac 21.5" (non-Retina), i5 Dual Core Kaby Lake 7360U, Iris Plus 640, 16GB DDR4 Ram, Crucial BX series 500GB SATA boot drive.

I get launch times of 53 seconds on a 2017 4k iMac 3.4Ghz Quad Core i5 Kaby Lake 7500, Radeon Pro 560 4GB, 32GM DDR4 Ram and Samsung Pro 990 Pro 2TB NVME boot drive.

I get launch times of 30 seconds on a 2020 MacBook Air M1 with 8GB Ram, 251GB NVME.

I get launch times of 9 seconds on my AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core PC (Win 11), 32GB DDR 4 RAM, AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME Boot Drive.

The previous iMac I used was a Late 2013 model, and let's just say it was extremely painful to work with the Affinity Suite on that machine.

Edited by IssacD