You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

crashing during hdr merging.

• Staff

Hi @Habin_photo,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I can confirm that I've been able to HDR merge using the sample images you've provided without issue:
though I did have to change the image format from .jfif to .JPG for these images to be accepted into the dialog:
(this appears to be a Chrome bug, as I can see your images were uploaded in the .JPG format, so please ignore the above)

image.png

I can see you are using the 'WARP' renderer setting, meaning Affinity is using your CPU and not your GPU to calculate and display the canvas, which isn't something we'd usually recommend long-term.

If you expand the Renderer list, what options are shown please? For example;

image.png

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Posted (edited)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18lLNhoUt8PQX3MnpNA5akAHUjVSxbeOQ

it was this file i dont know why changed to jfif.

was using original setting gpu + opencl tick but i got crashed then some said warp worked so i tried , fail.

off “ opencl” still failed. 

reinstalled win11 to clean any other app might causing crash

Still crashed. Done memory test fine. Tested  Cinebench r23 but failed during multicore. 
tried cinebench 2024 was fine.

“With my file, my friends 11th gen +2080 was fine with hdr” all default settingIMG_5453.thumb.jpeg.7a8d59bb1662af5bd4d1752861eab6bc.jpeg.

IMG_5450.jpeg

Edited by Habin_photo

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me - I'm unsure which options are available for you within Affinity Edit > Preferences > Performance as it doesn't appear as though you have included a screenshot of this, however I'd recommend the following:

1. Download the latest drivers for your NVidia 4080 (https://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/221884/)
  2. Download the latest drivers for your Intel 14900k integrated GPU, aka UHD Graphics 770 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html)
  3. Download and run 'DDU' to remove any previously installed GPU drivers on your system (https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/)
  4. Once your system has restarted from uninstalling the drivers through DDU, install both the NVidia and Intel drivers
  5. Restart your system after installing both of these latest drivers
  6. Open Affinity Photo and navigate to Edit > Settings > Performance
  7. Set the Renderer to the NVidia 4080 GPU
  8. Untick Hardware Acceleration if it is currently enabled
  9. Restart the Affinity app
  10. Try running your HDR merge once again

Does this stop the crashing from occurring please? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Habin_photo said:

it was this file i dont know why changed to jfif.

was using original setting gpu + opencl tick but i got crashed then some said warp worked so i tried , fail.

off “ opencl” still failed. 

hello

didnt upload performance setting coz tried all combinations. fail. 

yesterday installed win11 again. with all latest drivers,

just now tried your method with ddu. all combination inc intel gpu still doesnt work.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Habin_photo

• Staff

Sorry to hear this hasn't helped - many thanks for the further screenshots / screen recording provided.

I'd like to see if the app is generating any crash reports, as these may indicate the exact cause of this on your machine.

Can you please follow the steps in the below FAQ to find these reports, and attach the latest 3 .DMP files here for me? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Many thanks for the files provided - my apologies for the delayed response here as I have been out of the office for annual leave.

I can see from your crash reports that 'RivaTuner' is hooked into the Affinity apps, as they both use the same Direct3D libraries. This is outlined in the below post - 

This can cause the Affinity apps to crash, therefore we recommend either removing RivaTuner from your system if not needed, or adding the Affinity.exe, help.exe and crashreport.exe executables to be ignored, setting the 'Application detection level' to none.

Once complete, restart your PC and then try using the font search/picker within Affinity again. Does this stop the crashing behaviour please? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!