You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard tile change centre Anchor X Y Axis 0

Hi, perhaps I missed it somewhere. I want to change the artboard centre anchor to zero on the X and Y axis. But I am not able to. Is there a reason for this? Or did I miss an option somewhere? When I designed patterns in Illustrator I always positioned it this way. Thanks in advance. 

Anchor Axis Artboard.jpg

You haven't missed anything; that's just how Artboards work.

What are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps there's another way of doing what you need.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you for your reply. As stated I design patterns, and for easy calculations I want to have the centre anchor at the 0 on both the axis, not the top left anchor. With both an artboard as a canvas as well. But as I understand from your reply it is not possible to change this. I hope it will be possible in the future.

16 minutes ago, Rivvie said:

With both an artboard as a canvas as well.

It is already possible with a canvas, just not with an Artboard.

For a canvas, with the Rulers displayed, just drag the intersection point (where the Units are shown) to wherever you want the 0/0 origin to be. But note that this will not change how the positive and negative values work, e.g., negative Y values are up, and positive are down.

19 minutes ago, Rivvie said:

I hope it will be possible in the future.

If you'd like to see a change in how the applications work you should post in Feedback for the Affinity V2 Suite of Products.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: