You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

crashed

hi, 

while i working on a project, the file crashed and when i reopened the file looks like i have lost all the work i did, is there a way i can recover please ?

using affinity designer version 2.3.1 

on ipad pro, ipados 17.2 

Affinity designer, 

For iPad Pro m2 6th generation, iOS17.1.2.

• Staff

Hi @ashr,

Its always a bit tricky to recover anything on iPad due to how the file system works.  If you have access to a PC/Mac, you can try these steps:

There isn't an easy way I'm afraid, but It may be possible to back up the live documents up using the iMazing app to access the app files, but this does require access to a desktop PC/Mac:

Download iMazing (only the free trial is needed) https://imazing.com/
•    Connect your iPad to your computer
•    Make a backup of the iPad through iMazing
•    In the top right click the iPad's name and select the backup you've just made
•    Inside the folder Apps > Affinity Photo 2 > Library > Application Support > com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner2.ios > 
•    Drag the Autosave folder to your desktop (iMazing trial allows 10 drag operations, so doing the folder will get all files exported at once)
•    Rename the files inside this folder from .autosave to .afphoto and then try opening these files (if you don't own Affinity on the desktop, you will need to transfer these back to the iPad to be opened, using a cloud service etc)

You may get lucky and find a recoverable version there but other than that, there isn't anything else you can do.