You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Most Basic Copy/Paste Frustrations

Hi all,

I actually just bought Affinity Designer as an alternative to the subscription-model based Adobe Creative Illustrator as a part of my bioinformatic workflow for final annotations of clustering, or putting in p value asterisks on R graphs, making things pretty etc. All in all it is quite nice and I like the GUI and bought it years ago while it was still in development and re-bought the v2 version after it was released to support you. However, I have to say I am still unbelievably frustrated that I cannot just copy and paste images from PRISM into Affinity Designer without it randomly masking some portion of the image (usually the text on the axes) or simply just not pasting anything if I try to first paste into Powerpoint and then into Affinity which sometimes works. I'm sure there's some super interesting reason why this doesn't work, like it's the bottom-most object of the vector matrix blah blah blah, but this seems like a really simple issue that should be resolved by now. I never had issues like this with Adobe Illustrator. But I far prefer the tools and interface of Affinity (as well as not getting bled dry paying for Illustrator every time a new lab doesn't have a license for it). Can you please fix this or tell me what I can do to find a workaround on my end? It's super frustrating. Thanks all :( 

If the copy functionality of PRISM (whatever that is) creates an image on the clipboard then it should paste into the Affinity applications reasonably well in most cases.

On the other hand, if what gets copied to the clipboard isn’t an image then you will probably have problems since the Affinity applications won’t know what to do with the clipboard information.

If you have an example document that you can share, and can tell us how to find PRISM, then someone can probably have a look and maybe come up with some kind of solution.