You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Import PSD Smart Objects where possible" in Affinity Publisher

Hello! I'm loving your apps so far. Amazing stuff with StudioLink.

I would love to see the setting to "Import PSD Smart Objects where possible" inside of Affinity Publisher as well since it is already present in both Designer and Photo.

I would also like to mention that when I do open a file with a smart object in Photo or Designer and the smart object is imported, when I then open it in Publisher it has no problem reading the smart object, so I guess the development is halfway there! (Pardon me if it isn't the case)

Since I and many other users often work with mockups and there are many of us who love your Persona workflow for combining raster, vector, and dynamic text/paragraph styles, it would be amazing to not have to open a mockup in another app just to be able to import the smart object!

Cheers!

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 20.34.26.png

18 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @blureogroup,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thank you for your feedback. It could indeed deal with PSD's (with smart objects) as the other apps of the suite.
I've logged this with development.

Thank you very much for the reply! Can’t wait to see this inside of Publisher at some point.