You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Manage RAW-Edits with AP2 and Apple Photos without loosing settings

Hello,

accessing Affinitys RAW editing starting from Apple Photos is very smart and powerful. If I edit a photo in AP2 and go back to Apple Photos (save it), I can still go back to the original. So far so good. However, when I want to edit the image again with AP2, the image appears already in the edited state, what is ok, BUT all the settings (sliders) starts in default mode. That's bad.

For the same scenario with the tool »RAW Power«, the settings are not lost when I switch from RAW Power to Apple Photos and vice versa.

Isn't that possible with AP2 generally or what can I do?

• Staff

@CAPTN HIRNI We use an API to interface between Affinity Photo and Apple Photos and are aware of some issues with the workflows. These are logged with our developers to look into further to see what improvements can be made.

For the moment you'll need to export out from Apple Photos and then open that file in Photo for further editing.