You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlink clickable area

Hello,

when you are hyperlinking anything it's strictly linked to the area of font size.

1. I was wondering if there is any way how to increase the surrounding area around the text (when u highlight the text for copying purposes - it's the exact area that is clickable)?

2. Just noticed there are font defaults for the hyperlinked text - is it possible to change them? Perhaps where?

Any help is much appreciated

Kind regards

I’m not sure if (1) is possible without manually adding pinned (Float) shapes to the text and then adding the hyperlinks to the shapes (I've not tried this myself so I don't know how well that would work, if at all).

For (2), once you add a hyperlink a new Hyperlink Character Style is added which can be changed via the Text Styles Panel.

That's not practical, just very time consuming...

Perhaps creating a paragraph and indents would work? But I cannot find it -.-

I have even found some information this is why people prefer InDesign over Affinity Publisher.

Also I might have been solved in some versions 1.7 or newer. But I have no luck...

Lets look at this example.

BTW the text that is hyperlinked is inserted in table.

Now we can look at a following picture: image.png - the area that is hyperlinked is shown at number one, but I want it to occupy the area that is shown at number 2 (picture maximization is needed to see it)

Since the area that is clickable is blue I was thinking about spreading that area via certain paragraph setting. Please see the following pictures taken from Word to see what I mean exactly. 

That might work, I guess? But I am not certain such operation is possible inside Affinity Publisher... What other solutions are possible? BTW: As you have mentioned adding pinned (Float) shapes, is it possible to generate them automatically?

image.png

lorem ipsum paragraph.png

lorem ipsum paragraph spreaded.png