You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text frame not selectable

I've a page with two columns, so two text frames.

The left text frame is selectable and resizable in the normal manner.

The right frame does not select even though text is running into it. It's just got the tiny crosses at the corners and sides and the text frame options are all greyed out because it isn't one.

How do I fix this?

It sounds like your right-hand Frame Text layer is either locked or on a master page.

If that’s not the answer, can you give us a full-screen screenshot showing the 'problem frame' selected where we can see the full spread and the Layers Panel with that layer selected?

Thanks for the screenshot.

It looks to me like the Frame Text layer is on the “Master A” master page – you can see the highlight on the Layers Panel is on the master page – which means that it can’t be changed unless you are editing the master page.

You can edit the master page in various ways:

• Right-click the master page in the Layers Panel and choose Edit Linked (then later pressing the Finish Button);
  • Using the Toggle Master View button on the Status Bar (near bottom-left);
  • Double-clicking the master page in the Pages Panel.

Search the application Help for master page to get more information about master pages.