You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corrupted files

Beravu

Oh boy, 

a bunch of work I did is suddenly obsolete because of file corruption. Now, only AFTER the whole corrupt files thing does it occur to a person to Google that stuff only to see that "the Serif dev team recommends storing files locally". Well it's kinda late now, isn't it? 
There should really be a disclaimer for pro-grade software that says across the screen "DON'T USE GOOGLE DRIVE OR ELSE!!"
Which is in by itself pretty silly that software like this prevents you from using cloud services so you can sync files across your devices. 

Now that I had my little rant, is there a way to get my files back from the abyss of corruption? 

And is Serif actually working to actually fix this issue? 

The files were saved in god-knows-what version of Affinity Designer V1, and I tried to open it in Affinity V1, V2 and nothing. I'm on Windows if that's something that can help.

If the file has a zero size (0 bytes) then unfortunately there’s nothing that can be done with it as there’s nothing in the file to be recovered.

If the file has a non-zero size then, if you have Publisher, you can try using the “Add Pages From File” functionality (in the Document menu) to see if you can get some of the content back – you can then copy/paste what’s been recovered to a new document; not ideal but better than losing everything.

If you can’t do that, if you can share the file here (in public) we can experiment to see if we can do anything with it.

If you don’t want to (or can’t) share the file in public, you can request a dropbox link from the staff who can look at it in private for you to see if anything can be done.

Hi Garry,

Thank you for the reply and apologies for my late reply, busy weekend :(

I tried using Publisher 2 and the same "corrupted file" message popped up.  

Unfortunately, because of the nature of the project, I can't share the files publicly. Where do I request the Dropbox link?