You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid problem

mjkl

• Staff

Hi @mjkl,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums & thanks for your report!

22 hours ago, mjkl said:

I open a raw file in 2.2.1 and try to view the grid. It doesn't appear

The 'Automatic' Grid in Affinity Photo 2.2.1 is a Pixel Grid, which will only shown at lower zoom levels. Please zoom into the canvas and you will see that this Grid is active and drawn when below this threshold.

This 'Automatic' Grid behaviour has changed in Affinity Photo 2.3 (currently in beta), as I've outlined here - 

However, I can confirm that I'm able to replicate the incorrect behaviour when using the View > Grid and Axis... dialog in the Develop Persona, which I'm logging with our development team now.

In my testing, it appears as though this is only a temporary overlay which can be reset/removed by updating the Exposure value for the RAW file. For example, after using View > Grid and Axis... to change your Grid applied, causing the above issue. Now select the Exposure slider and set this to 0 (default) and you should see the overlay is then removed.

I hope this helps!

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Changing the Grid settings in the Develop Persona drastically reduces the image exposure " (REF: AF-1166) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2415".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.