You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher won't open on MacBook Pro running Sonoma

I’m working on a MacBook Pro running Sonoma.

This is urgent as I’m in the middle of a big project.

I was running Affinity Publisher (first gen) and changed the display mode in Publisher's settings to light instead of dark. Publisher instantly crashed and I can’t reopen it. I deleted it completely and reinstalled it and I still can’t open it. 

21 minutes ago, SueWAuthor said:

I deleted it completely

What method did you use to delete it completely, considering the various system folders & files of an Affinity installation?

Possibly you experience a known bug of V1 + light mode + Sonoma. Here is a recipe that might fix it:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

38 minutes ago, SueWAuthor said:

Oh! Well, I simply deleted it from the app folder. I didn’t want to delete any preferences like my assets so I figured that would be the best way. Clearly that didn’t work!

If you want to reinstall an app then you quite likely would want to replace / reset its system or preference files (which might contain the culprit for the issues). Then just deleting the .app file might not work but a deinstallation would be useful, including all app-related system folders and files.

If you want to keep / save your custom preferences (in your user library) you can either rename their parent Affinity folder or copy that to another location before resetting the app. Then you can move the wanted parts back into the new / reset folder.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1