You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The command shortcut key of IPad Pro Magic Keyboard is invalid

Garyhou7764

Version: Affinity Designer V2.2.0

Device: iPad Pro 12.9’ ( 3rd )

Problem description:

1. Every time I edit the text, my keyboard command key will be useless and I can't use the shortcut key combination.
  2. In addition, whenever I use the Chinese phonetic keyboard to enter Chinese, the first input text often disappears, and I need to re-enter the second time to enter it (this problem already exists in v2.1).
  3. The strange problem of IPad Pro pointer control animation has existed for a long time! Every time you enter text or switch the input method, it will appear until the program is restarted.

• Staff

Hey @Garyhou7764,

On 9/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, Garyhou7764 said:

Every time I edit the text, my keyboard command key will be useless and I can't use the shortcut key combination.

We're not able to replicate an issue with this so far on a Magic keyboard on 2.2 iOS 17.01, while actively editing a text frame. The CMD commands (Such as CMD +X/V for Cut/Paste) all appear to be working as expected. Could you perhaps provide a little more information on what specific CMD modifier functions you're trying to use?

In addition, whenever I use the Chinese phonetic keyboard to enter Chinese, the first input text often disappears, and I need to re-enter the second time to enter it (this problem already exists in v2.1).

Looks like this is one we have had previously logged with the developers, i'll bump the existing issue with your report.

The strange problem of IPad Pro pointer control animation has existed for a long time! Every time you enter text or switch the input method, it will appear until the program is restarted.

Could you perhaps clarify this issue? It's also a little difficult to tell from your recording. The pointer won't automatically change to a caret shape when trying to insert it between words in a text frame similar to what happens in IOS notes, this is logged as an improvement currently with the developers. If you're referring to that vertical bar at the end of your recording when hovering over the layers panel we also aren't seeing this. Are you controlling the pointer via a Bluetooth mouse or the magic keyboard trackpad?

Hi, @NathanC,

8 hours ago, NathanC said:

We're not able to replicate an issue with this so far on a Magic keyboard on 2.2 iOS 17.01, while actively editing a text frame. The CMD commands (Such as CMD +X/V for Cut/Paste) all appear to be working as expected. Could you perhaps provide a little more information on what specific CMD modifier functions you're trying to use?

I try to explain the problem clearly. When I use CMD+S to save files, the CMD+S key combination will be invalid. ( Cut/Copy/Paste can be used)

This problem usually occurs when using the Chinese Traditional - Zhuyin. When the text input is cancelled, the shortcut key cannot be used to save the file.

You must do another text input and switch to English input, so that you can use the save shortcut key normally.

(Please refer to the first video)

Looks like this is one we have had previously logged with the developers, i'll bump the existing issue with your report.

Every time a large version is updated, there are often problems with Chinese Traditional - Zhuyin, which are usually ignored by developers, and each update will cause trouble in use.

Could you perhaps clarify this issue? It's also a little difficult to tell from your recording. The pointer won't automatically change to a caret shape when trying to insert it between words in a text frame similar to what happens in IOS notes, this is logged as an improvement currently with the developers. If you're referring to that vertical bar at the end of your recording when hovering over the layers panel we also aren't seeing this. Are you controlling the pointer via a Bluetooth mouse or the magic keyboard trackpad?

I use the iPad Pro Magic Keyboard trackpad.

The problem usually occurs after I switch the Chinese Traditional - Zhuyin and English keyboards and type the text.

(Please refer to the second videos)

Another problem with pointer control animation was found.

(Please refer to the third videos)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 9/28/2023 at 11:06 PM, Garyhou7764 said:

I try to explain the problem clearly. When I use CMD+S to save files, the CMD+S key combination will be invalid. ( Cut/Copy/Paste can be used)

This problem usually occurs when using the Chinese Traditional - Zhuyin. When the text input is cancelled, the shortcut key cannot be used to save the file.

You must do another text input and switch to English input, so that you can use the save shortcut key normally.

(Please refer to the first video)

Thanks for the clarification, I can confirm i've replicated this and i'll get this logged with the developers. I did find if I was actively editing text with the keyboard set to Zhuyin it worked as expected, it was only when I deselected the text I was no longer able to save via CMD + S until I switched the input to English.

On 9/28/2023 at 11:06 PM, Garyhou7764 said:

Another problem with pointer control animation was found.

(Please refer to the third videos)

As of yet i've not been able to replicate any of the animation issues using the magic keyboard when following your recordings, The animations are enabled under system preferences but it never changes as shown in your recording, have you tried the same steps with IOS stage manager disabled in case that's a factor? If it's the same, could you send a screenshot of your pointer control accessibility settings?

Thanks

As of yet i've not been able to replicate any of the animation issues using the magic keyboard when following your recordings, The animations are enabled under system preferences but it never changes as shown in your recording, have you tried the same steps with IOS stage manager disabled in case that's a factor? If it's the same, could you send a screenshot of your pointer control accessibility settings?

Thanks

I tried several times to confirm that this problem has nothing to do with iOS stage manager. I can almost be sure that the key to the problem is the Zhuyin and English input switching. When I deselected the text, it will happen 100%.

This is my Pointer Control settings 

IMG_4055.thumb.png.4cb17504a1878a1d0cd581493117f92a.png

IMG_4056.thumb.png.785012fedb5cd110baa6aba898c13eec.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

The issues are still outstanding internally, this thread is tagged with the issue references so if there are any updates to them internally the Serif info bot will automatically reply to the thread advising.

Unfortunately your pointer animation issue is still not re-producible internally when following your same configuration and recording so this has not been logged as of yet.

1 minute ago, NathanC said:

The issues are still outstanding internally, this thread is tagged with the issue references so if there are any updates to them internally the Serif info bot will automatically reply to the thread advising.

Unfortunately I've not been able to re-produce your pointer animation issue at any stage internally using your same configuration and following your recording so i've not been able to get this logged.

@NathanC

What about the shortcut keys?

CMD+S (Save) still cannot be used in Zhuyin input.

7 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Both the Zhuyin input issue and CMD + S Save issue are both logged internally still, so as mentioned in my previous reply the Serif Info Bot will reply automatically here if there are any further updates.

Okay, thank you again for your help. I hope you can solve these problems as soon as possible. They have been bothering me for several months.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "[iOS] CMD + S shortcut doesn't work on the magic keyboard with Zhuyin input" (REF: AF-669) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2317".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.