You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Support is very poor, request overlooked, pricing too high, and no Ai Features

Many of us have been asking for the Default Save to be the Source Folder in V 1.xxx, but we were totally disregarded, even though this would have been very easy to implement (as an option perhaps).

I don't know if V2 has this option, and I don't want to waste my time even to try the Trial version to find out.

Furthermore, the upgrade price for V2 from V1 is over 2x as high as purchasing V1 from scratch, hence this does not interest me.

Finally, Affinity Photo V1 was promoted as a  great alternative to Photoshop which is only available as a subscription. At the time of V1 release it was a wonderful option, but at this point, when Photoshop has gained some really very useful features, especially the Ai Generative features(Firefly), Affinity Photo V2 features fall short.

I understand that the use of Ai, implemented as Firefly by Adobe, requires some costly high speed GPU servers, which Affinity may not be able to afford. 

However, many of us who run Stable Diffusion on our computers with a reasonable nVidia (GPU) video card have the power to implement Ai, and possibly other serious graphics users who are not familiar with Stable Diffusion may also have the necessary hardware.  I have just learned that the Koi Krita plug-in will deliver Ai features to the free Gimp program, which will allow many of the same capabilities that Firefly offers in Photoshop CC, given sufficient GPU power in your own Computer.

If Affinity will implement such a plug-in for V2, I will be definitely interested in upgrading to Affinity Photo, otherwise I have no interest  in spending the money.

Thanks for reading !