You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 2.2.0: Cross -reference und Alt Tag / Graphics

Hello,

I carried out the update to V.2.2.0 (Mac) and wanted to put a cross -reference to a graphic (located in this document) in a PDF document.

How can I create a cross -reference to a graphic?

And my 2nd question:

Is there now the possibility to insert alt tags on graphics? This is important and prerequisite for accessibility in documents.

Thank you for feedback and greetings

Huby

For cross-referencing see in the online help ...

If to a graphics is not explained above in the online help then try to reuse graphics subtitles as association targets (... like referencing to "Fig. 5 Graphics of a ..." and the like).

For alt tags on graphics don't know if that is supported yet, somebody else has to tell you more concrete here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

4 hours ago, Huby said:

However, I wanted to carry out a cross -reference to graphics directly. Too bad.

Yes, you can do this. Just add an anchor to the graphic with Text > Interactive > Insert Anchor... This command works on objects as well as in text.

Then add a cross-reference to the object anchor as you would to a text anchor, it works for all anchors.

Cheers,

Mike

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Hello Mike,

tried to implement your suggestion. I manage to put an anchor on a graphic.

I cannot put a cross -reference to this anchor. The anchor is not visible to me on the side. I can click the anchor in the anchor window, but do not add a cross -reference.

I have the process in the attached file.

I hope I could make myself understandable and I'm curious to see where my mistake is.

Cheers Huby

querverweis.pdf

Hi Huby. Unlike Text Anchors which are shown with an anchor symbol in the text (when Show Anchors is enabled), Object Anchors are invisible. You only know they're there by looking at the Anchors panel.

I can see from your PDF that you're adding the anchor correctly. But I think you still have the tree object selected when adding the cross-reference. Here's a screen recording showing how to add a cross-reference that inserts a hyperlinked page number for the graphic.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)