You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No Tools showing on secondary Monitor - IOS 17, iPad, Affinity Designer

Big Fan of Affinity. Rocks!

While using the Affinity Designer Appp on my Ipad with IOS 17 running (using a Mac-Keyboard), I noticed, that the Window on my secondary Display, which is connected to my iPad is not showing the Tools/Toolbars. While everything works great when working directly on the iPad (without secondary Screen attached), it doesn't when attached.

See Screenshot. All I can use on Screen is the 3-Dots Menu, provided by the IOS System.

While having the Window on the big Screen, I am able to resize and drag, when moving the Window over to the iPad Display, I cant even move or resize the Window.

Any help greatly appreciated.

_com.apple.Pasteboard.10b4Cb.png

• Staff

Hi @MrWickiwicki,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums & thanks for your kind feedback :)

Please open the Affinity app and navigate to Settings > General and disable Present on External Displays - this should then show the full Affinity UI including tools and toolbars on the external monitor.

However do please note that currently the Affinity apps don't officially support 'Stage Manager' currently, and separately are yet to be updated to be fully compatible with iPadOS 17, whilst this OS version is still in beta.

I hope this helps!