You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SVG export with 'text-align' property

I currently use Affinity Designer to make scientific diagrams that I export to svg. These SVG are converted by Inkscape to '.pdf_tex' format to be printed on Latex documents. To do so Inkscape converts text content and metadata to Latex.

One issue is, Affinity Designer SVG exported does not export the text alignement in the SVG 'text-align' property, resulting in misalignment of text. This appends when using Latex commands ('\textbf{}' for instance), which are then translated by Latex in the final pdf.

Text in Affinity Designer

input_svg.png.01c6be9f502ca1ff0cd92d759b0640bb.png

Text in the PDF after being compiled by Latex

result_latex.png.1568799a1c8db9b10e8b507bc99c012c.png

I saw some topics in the Affinity V1 forums talking about this missing feature, is support on the way ?

Some love to the scientific community would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, ezrgmlaaz8585 said:

I saw some topics in the Affinity V1 forums talking about this missing feature, is support on the way ?

When parsing (reading in and interpreting text-anchor SVG code) yes, but AFAIK not when generating/exporting (writing out) SVG code here, since then it places text x,y-coordinate based and also doesn't make use of CSS based text-align properties. - So it doesn't make use of these on export ...

Reading in/parsing text-anchor will be recognized (... but just for an import, so not on an export):

text_align.jpg.ec4e6a13655c96e4b958410b8f0b0f07.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2