You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo crashes when saving *.tif

Swehunt

OS MacOS 13.4 (22F66)

HW MacBook Air

Affinity Photo 2.1.1 (hw acceleration enabled)

I use Capture One for develop my raw files and Affinity Photo for editing. When I export a raw file from Capture One to tif format for editing in Affinity Photo, Affinity open the file and I can edit it without any problem. In Affinity Photo I then export a .jpg version and then save the .tif file. This works very well until I reach ~ 13 layers in Affinity Photo, then the export of the .jpg file works fine and the progress bar for saving of the .tif file reaches 100%. But then Affinity Photo crashes and on most cases there is no recovery file ...   

If Affinity Photo has crashed and there is a recovery file, then there is no problem saving the document as a .afphoto file and I can also export the file as a .tiff file without any problem.

• Staff
10 hours ago, Swehunt said:

I use Capture One for develop my raw files and Affinity Photo for editing. When I export a raw file from Capture One to tif format for editing in Affinity Photo, Affinity open the file and I can edit it without any problem. In Affinity Photo I then export a .jpg version and then save the .tif file. This works very well until I reach ~ 13 layers in Affinity Photo, then the export of the .jpg file works fine and the progress bar for saving of the .tif file reaches 100%. But then Affinity Photo crashes and on most cases there is no recovery file ...   

I'm trying to replicate this and so far haven't been able to.  I've exported out as a TIF from Capture One and also used the Edit With>Affinity Photo 2 and in all cases I didn't get a crash after editing and adding adjustment layers.  Could you check to see if you have a crash report that's been generated, to find the crash report see here.

I just tried again from Capture One I used the Edit with> Affinity Photo 2 , Affinity Photo opens fine with the .tif file. I did 20 layers, I used frequency separation twice and liquid once (it's my experience that this happens when I use these functions) I exported a .jpg without any problem. I then press command key + W to close the file. A question ask if I would like to save the file as a .TIFF with Affinity layers which I chose to do. A progress bar appears and goes to 100% then the application crashes (or at least closes down and no .tif file can be found at the original location)

I looked for a crash report but there is none for affinity photo or any other application at that time 

(the files I'm editing are 61 megapixel if it's relevant)

Hi Stokerg, thank you for helping me. I manage to save a *.tif file with Affinity Photo layers (which I now have uploaded to your share), it works without any problem. But if I add a layer with "Merge visible" and then chose Frequency separation on that layer, work on both layers and try to save the file. Then Affinity crash. This time a got a report which I also uploaded to your share. (the filename is "DSC07203 2.tif")