You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Annoying tool switching in Affinity Photo 2

I am not sure if this can simply be adjusted via some settings somewhere, if this is supposed to be a feature of some kind, but I have noticed a really annoying behavior in Affinity Photo 2.

And that has to do with unwanted tool switching.

I have noticed that pressing the space bar to navigate the document switches between 2 different tools when releasing it. Meaning, that if I use the space bar to go to another area of the document, then release the space bar, the first time I release it, the Move tool is selected. If I press space bar again, navigate somewhere, then release it, Affinity Photo selects the brush tool.

When I have the brush or the eraser tool selected, and adjust the size of the brush with CTRL + ALT shortcut, then release CTRL + ALT, it doesn't select the brush tool again as it obviously should, but selects the move tool instead. Only when I press CTRL + ALT again, adjust size again, the brush tool is selected. What gives?

Sometimes when I have the BRUSH tool selected and adjust the brush size with CTRL + ALT, it switches to the ERASER tool when I release the keys.

This behavior is driving me absolutely nuts! I was beginning to doubt my sanity! What is this, is this supposed to be a feature? It almost looks like intentional behavior, though I don't see who could possibly want behavior like this by default. Is there a simple setting I need to adjust to get behavior that I can actually work with, or is this a bug?