You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

your thoughts about my way of working around problems

hello guys i have something to laugh at for you :D

so all these dang triangles you see i made at some point when i had enough i did copy past it so i could cover a bigger area 

it took me about 8 hours or so no i need your creative minds to help me 

what would you have done or how do you guys do it is there a faster way to make something like this  i would be very interested in knowing 

but thumbs up for affinity the software didn't crash ones with all these layers hahahaha but its slowly struggling ^^

i can't even figure out how i do flatten them or merge to one layer :D

afinity forum.jpg

Operating System    Microsoft Windows 11 Home,CPU  Intel Core i7-14700K,Motherboard MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFi (MS-7D91)  ,DMI BIOS Version    H.B2,System Memory    65303 MB  (DDR5 SDRAM),NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090  (24564 MB),Monitor    Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A ,Monitor    Asus TUF Gaming VG259  

Good advice would very much depend on what you mean by “like” when you say “something like this” (what has to be exactly what you want and what doesn’t?), but here are some web resources you might like:

https://msurguy.github.io/triangles/ (Change Renderer to SVG)

https://www.svgbackgrounds.com/

https://www.svgeez.com/

There are probably lots of other similar sites out there.

Alternatively, if you don’t mind using quadrilaterals instead of Triangles, and are a Windows 10/11 user, then there’s the “Panes” functionality of this application:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/143089-new-12-free-vector-tools-for-windows-10-users/

I’m sure you will get more advice from others on this but the better you can specify what you want the better the advice will be.

wel to specify your question  what i mean is how would you make a closter of triangles  or how would you fill up a space with triangles (not overlapping each other)

Operating System    Microsoft Windows 11 Home,CPU  Intel Core i7-14700K,Motherboard MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFi (MS-7D91)  ,DMI BIOS Version    H.B2,System Memory    65303 MB  (DDR5 SDRAM),NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090  (24564 MB),Monitor    Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A ,Monitor    Asus TUF Gaming VG259  

7 hours ago, yggdr4s17 said:

or how would you fill up a space with triangles (not overlapping each other)

The common keywords for such things are "shape packaging", "triangle mesh generation" or "triangulator". - Personally I tend to do that programmatically and so let instead do some little program, or script, generate those then as reusable curves in SVG format (grouped in chunks if needed, as I'm too lazy to do such boring/stupid tasks manually by hand).

Mesh generation/triangulator:

tri_packaging.jpg.5cd6ec2842e57c4ec51679020966cea5.jpg

Simple shape packaging:

tri_rect.jpg.8c675aab43a05481584637f83004210c.jpg

More complex shape packing, here with circles, which are overall easier to deal algorithmic with:

circles.png.32a72e596117ea86171db958833f04c2.png

Drawing triangles along a defined path:

tri_path.jpg.1909b8e7de6adfe6f581cb39ec06a8a3.jpg

...etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

16 hours ago, yggdr4s17 said:

wel to specify your question  what i mean is how would you make a closter of triangles  or how would you fill up a space with triangles (not overlapping each other)

But you haven’t specified anything about the colours or relative sizes of the triangles.

Your example uses (I think) four colours.
Do you need to have four colours, or would more or fewer be okay?
If you need four colours, or not, do they (or some of them) have to be those you have used or would other colours be okay?
Should the colours be close, or related, in hue or can they be wildly different?

All of the triangles in your example seem to all be within a certain size.
Do you need similar relative sizes or does that not matter?

Etc. Etc.

When you say you want “something like this” we need to know what parts of the result need to be “...like this” and what doesn’t need to be “...like this” to be able to give you good advice. We don’t know exactly what you want unless you give us all of the details.

i don't think most of your questions are relevant to what i want  for example the colors but yes i want to be able to make it whatever i want 

the triangle sizes are random i just made them by eye 

but the question here is  how would you make make a closter of triangles and if my question is not clear enough to you now i give up. i can not make it any clearer than this : how would you put 1000000 random sized tringles together 

v_kyr pretty much understood me

If the colours of the individual triangles are irrelevant, and you have no specific requirements for the relative sizes, then one or more of the sites I gave links to should get you what you want.

Once you have the SVG containing the triangles you can place it in your document.

If you want to remove, or recolour, or change some of the triangles then you will need to do that manually.