You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I straighten my horizon?

Hi

Im new here and to Affinity 2 I have just bought it. I am a seniro citizen. Took up Digi photography about 18 months ago. Ive bought two book based on how to use Affinity, I am slowly getting there. I have one thing that puzzles me, when I am in Photo persona I seem to have a job say to level a horizon Ive followed my books, also u tube vids, and what is in Affinity help.

when I go to the crop tool and the grid appeaers Ive gone say to the top left corner and broght the picture inside the the square, so that when I place my pointer there, there is a "Curve" appears that lets me level the horizon, but when I click on save as it reverts back to what it was. I am using win 11 . I also notice that in all the tutorials and vids I have watched when they are in Photos persona then as they say click on the Crop icon they have a heading at the top of the screen a button that says straighten I never get that, so where do i find or how do i get the Straighten button. Many thanks. Forgot to say that also a learner with digi phtography I have had some work accepted by Getty Images.

MIke.

Welcome to the forums @journeyman4

The answer to your question seems to have been given in the other thread you posted in: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/32666-apply-button/&do=findComment&comment=1084384

The answer being that you need to make the Context Toolbar visible.

Note: That other thread you posted in is in an archive for the Pre-V2 applications. For questions about the V2 applications you will be better-off posting in this Questions section of the forums. It’s not a big issue, and no harm has been done, but you are more likely to get answers to questions more quickly if you post them in the right place. You can check the ‘breadcrumbs’ at the top of any page to see which section of the forums you are looking at.