You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about Masks (partially solved, but in a inefficent way.

Hey y'all. So I got this chicken. and i want to add some texture to it, so im using the Mask to Below feature to try and do that, however when i try that, it just makes the chicken go inside the particles, not the other way around. I figured out a semi solution of putting an version of the chicken without the particles below it but thats kinda annoying to do. 

image.png

Without knowing more about the “texture” you’re trying to create, one thing you can do is to create a Pixel layer, draw the “texture” on that Pixel layer and then clip the Pixel layer inside the shape you want the “texture” applied to.

What you can see in your screen-grab is that the second Pixel layer down is cropping the top Pixel layer which means that the top Pixel layer (the cropped layer) will only ‘show through’ the pixels of the cropping layer. Note the black ‘crop’ icon at the bottom-right of the thumbnail which tell you this.

See attached video where I clip and crop the layers to show the difference. Drag over the name to clip, drag over the thumbnail to crop.

If you need more specific advice then we need to be able to see more of your screen/document and be told more about what the “texture” is and how you want to create it.