You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 5/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, Arysa said:

Just 1 space, the rest of the text goes to next line.

I am not sure if I understand correct what you mean by this, especially "Just 1 space". – So I am more or less guessing:

If you want to achieve the option you pressed "Justified left" it is meant for text without manual line break. To make it affect your text you might first remove all or some of the current line breaks that seem to be typed within your text. You can make them visible as blue characters via menu "Text" > "Show Special Characters". In the video below the bottom text frame has most of them removed, with paragraph breaks left for the paragraphs # 1 – 5.

Also you should consider that a language with a symbolic syllable script / no spaces between words / no hyphenation within words does not work well with the method available in Affinity and might need to be optimized for Asian script. – Maybe the Justification options in the Paragraph panel bring you closer to your goal.

Edited by thomaso

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

15 hours ago, thomaso said:

I am not sure if I understand correct what you mean by this, especially "Just 1 space". – So I am more or less guessing:

If you want to achieve the option you pressed "Justified left" it is meant for text without manual line break. To make it affect your text you might first remove all or some of the current line breaks that seem to be typed within your text. You can make them visible as blue characters via menu "Text" > "Show Special Characters". In the video below the bottom text frame has most of them removed, with paragraph breaks left for the paragraphs # 1 – 5.

Also you should consider that a language with a symbolic script / no spaces between words / no hyphenation within words does not work well with the method available in Affinity and might need to be optimized for Asian script. – Maybe the Justification options in the Paragraph panel bring you closer to your goal.

Ohh Are you Thai? Did you type all of them by yourself? I'm really appreciate that. I guess it helps but let me study first. I'll leave the questions if any. Thanks a lot

40 minutes ago, Seon Jae, Jeon said:

I'm living in Korea.
In Korean, words are not cut off when changing lines as above.
So I still use MS Word without creating documents as a publisher.
I hope to improve soon.

Thanks so much for your feedback but I need the text wrapping feature. It's really cool. That's why I'd like to use Affinity Publisher.

1 hour ago, Arysa said:

Ohh Are you Thai? Did you type all of them by yourself? I'm really appreciate that. I guess it helps but let me study first. I'll leave the questions if any. Thanks a lot

No, not at all. That's why I am not sure to understand your goal exactly. (I used a screenshot of your video to get it converted to text.)

I assume your Affinity installation does not have exactly the same content as mine (Asia vs. Europe) so possibly you have different or more options in your Character Panel > Language for Thai, especially for "Hyphenation". However, to me this short Thai-forum discussion sounds that Thai generally doesn't use hyphenation, respectively needs to get it typed manually for a "Justified" text style. Whereas according to this thread for InD it seems that hyphenation can be generally possible but tricky.

– So, how gets hyphenation handled in Thai commonly from your perspective?

On 5/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, Arysa said:

Just 1 space,

If this "1 space" refers to the space between numbering & text: Try replacing the space character with a "non-braking space" or a "narrow non-breaking space". They modify the space size and distribution especially for "Justified" text style and also influence the way an object with "Text Wrapping" activated gets wrapped. However, the line breaks / paragraph breaks in your text still do matter for justification.

2144649395_non-breakingspace.thumb.jpg.c03f9d177c58aa12314e8d0c52df5372.jpg

1124063427_non-breakingspacenarrow.thumb.jpg.1bc00627725f2b3ce9ebe8f1e6170f9b.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1