You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 2 went from crashing to not opening at all.

I purchased Affinity Publisher 2 because I wanted to get away from Adobe Indesign's subscription.  BUT this is turning out to be a nightmare.  It was working perfectly until this morning and while working on a project it crashed.  It continues to crash. Then it just crashed and gives me a message that "Affinity Publisher cannot communicate" and just flat out refuses to open now.  What does that mean and how to fix this? This is what I have done to try to resolve this problem:

1) I tried doing the CTRL thing and clicked all to clear, tried this at least 6x but no success. 

2) I also went to my Windows Security and turned it completely off to see if that helped.  NOTHING.  But that shouldn't have mattered because it was working before flawlessly. 

3) I also checked some 'fixes' regarding Windows 10's updates and went down the list to remove the bad updates (as related to Affinity Publisher) but I didn't have ONE Windows update that matched any of the update's reference numbers. 

So Idk what to do at this point.  2023-05-01.thumb.png.3186142f6dcf4236f7527dc1af7f333f.png

• 3 months later...

I have this problem with both 2.1.1 and 2.2 beta ( latest build). 

I already deactivated the antivirus and firewall, and no change. It still does not open. I don't even see the splash screen :/ 

In the tasks manager, I never see publisher.exe running at all.

Any suggestion?