You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

designer 2 win 10 intersection on a resized image doesnt work correctly

I followed this from a question i asked here on the forum, it worked, er did the intersection, but it used the original and not the smaller resized image i was looking at.   Please fix this?  its an important function.  It wastes creative time to resize the image, save it, then bring it back in to do the intersection.

Starting with a pixel layer
Copy
Paste special/DIB
Convert to curves
Add shape above
Select shape and image layers
Boolean intersect

• Staff

Hi @Anyone2,

Thanks for your report!

Your report mentions a 'resized' image, but the steps to reproduce don't include any resizing - so I'm unable to replicate this currently.

Can you please provide a screen recording showing the exact steps you are taking in the app please?

Many thanks in advance!

• Staff

Thanks for providing that - in testing I'm finding that the Image converted to curves, which is then used as a bitmap fill for the intersected object is not added in the correct location, ie:

image.png

However unfortunately I'm still not seeing:

11 hours ago, Anyone2 said:

it used the original and not the smaller resized image i was looking at

as the correctly sized image is used for me once I have transformed the fill to the expected location:

image.png

So I still require further information from OP as to their exact workflow :)

Exact workflow?

drop an image.  Resize it to much smaller size using the select pointer.   Now create the circle shape.  Now set the image to curves.  Now drag the image into the circle, at this moment, what you see is a circle cut from the 'un-sized' image, not from the resized image.   The fix is to save the resized image, and use it instead, adding in more steps.  Does this help?

Oh wait, lol sorry,  above is how i ended up doing it.  Later in the forum they explained how to do the intersection.   Ok, so after resizing the image and turning to curves, you move the circle over the area you want to see, and hit intersect.  At that point, if gives you the 'un-resized' image in the circle, which shows as much larger of course, and in the wrong area.  It should be intersecting with the image you see.

So, im guessing it should rasterize the image, and make it a curve again and then intersect with it.  Just a new subroutine needs to be added, for resized images.  does that help? er is that what you are looking for?

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Anyone2,

Thanks for your report!

Your report mentions a 'resized' image, but the steps to reproduce don't include any resizing - so I'm unable to replicate this currently.

Can you please provide a screen recording showing the exact steps you are taking in the app please?

Many thanks in advance!

I use a win 10 computer, how do i do a screen recording? er what app?  Seems i investigated this before, but i cant rem now if i found anything, other than using my phone to record the screen lol.

• Staff
18 hours ago, Anyone2 said:

so after resizing the image and turning to curves, you move the circle over the area you want to see, and hit intersect.  At that point, if gives you the 'un-resized' image in the circle, which shows as much larger of course, and in the wrong area.

Thanks for confirming that for me! I've been able to replicate this here and will get it logged with our developers now :)