You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2 Crashing shortly after a photo is Pasted on a File

Hi all,

Hoping that someone can help me with this, although I see that recurrent crashing of the software is a wide problem.

I am experiencing constant crashes when working with Affinity Designer 2.

This often happens right after I have opened a new file and pasted an image that I use to start tracing the illustration.

Yet, the moment I start working with it, it crashes. 

I have a fairly new computer, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz, Windows 11 Home, 22H2 Version, Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

I have disabled the OpenCL Hardware Acceleration feature. The crashing continues. 

The actions with which it has crashed range from using the brush, renderising the image, tracing a vector curve, etc. Nothing too complex.

I have the crash dump file, if that helps.

Looking forward to reading your responses and potential solutions!

• Staff

If you can provide the crash file I can take a look to see if it narrows down a cause. Usually with Intel graphics it relates to having OpenCL enabled and disabling it resolves the issue. You could try the suggestion in this FAQ article about fully removing and reinstalling the graphics drivers. It relates to V1 but it's worth checking, just in case.

You may also want to try the 2.1 beta as that also has some new fixes included.