You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trying to enlarge puzzle content (in Publisher) on multiple pages in my PDF file.

Hello All,

Is it possible to increase the content size on all pages simultaneously as opposed to being forced to adjust each and every page one by one?

I am using Affinity Publisher to edit puzzles that are in PDF format. I would like to use up more page space by enlarging everything. See attached screenshot) I know how to adjust things per page, but I don’t have a clue on how to do multiple pages at the same time. I don't even know if what I'm trying to do can be done.

I'm familiar with the 'Master Pages' in Publisher but I don't have any in-depth knowledge on how to use that particular feature - and even though my PDF is set for 8.5 by 11, I still have a significant amount of usable space left that's surrounding the puzzle.

Just in case I'm not clear enough on what I'm asking here, I included a 40-second recording via this link > https://bit.ly/3U3gok0 < It’s me showing exactly what I want to get done.

Thanks for any and all feedback

WB

example 4.3.23.png

If you first determine the largest width you can have for the puzzle that has the longest word list, so that all words still fit properly within margins, and then place all puzzle images at the same top margin (below at 0.25in from top) using the Select command to select all images within the document, you can thereafter use the "Transform Objects Separately" option to scale the width and height of all puzzles simultaneously. Note that even if you specify a dimension in the Transform panel, you actually define a scale ratio between the current and determined size, but as you probably have the same width for all puzzles, you should get uniform results. [Similarly when you position using the Transform panel, you actually define a distance from a specified reference point rather than an absolute position, and therefore vertical alignment at specific point like on the clip is only possible if the top position of the objects to be moved is initially at the same Y coordinate.]

Just remember to have the dimension lock turned on so that the height gets scaled using the same ratio. When you have the anchor set at top middle, all puzzles get scaled  so that the top margin does not change. If you would rather have each puzzle centered, this unfortunately needs to be done page by page, as alignment operations cannot so far be applied separately for each selected page.

At the end of the video I move the position of the page number on the master page more to the right bottom corner and change the Blend Mode of all puzzle image layers from Normal to Multiply so that the underlying page number on the master page shows through (otherwise you would need to manually force the layer containing the page number text frame on the master page to be above the image layer containing the puzzle).